We’ve all been asked what five objects we’d take with us to a desert island. Now it’s your best friend’s (or close relative’s) turn to be stranded: what five objects would you send him/her off with?
1. An excellent hunting knife – for food procurement and self-defence.
2. A copy of Penguin’s History of the World – something to read, it’s a long book, over a 1000 pages, who knows how long they’ll be there. And just in case they are there a long time and a situation occurs where they find other survivors and they end up forming a new society, hopefully the book can assist them in not making the same mistakes as the rest of humanity.
3. A first aid kit and some basic medical supplies – no explanation needed.
4. A tool kit – again no explanation needed.
5. Copies of the best of my trading card and picture collection – I know I would find it comforting and I think it would be helpful to them, to remind them what they have to look forward to upon their return. And also as a reminder that whilst it may be tempting to stay on the island and disappear forever, there are some people and some things that are worth tolerating all the bad stuff for.
And I’ve already used up my five, but this doesn’t count since I wouldn’t give it to them even if I had it, I would want to but I would not be able to part with it, well maybe Roman, if I knew he was coming back. If I had an android of Jogi or Roman, I would want to give him to them. I have a feeling they would be very helpful, excellent at hunting food and useful in all aspects of surviving in a hostile environment.